Top York Historical Tours
49 results | All York Tours
* A traveler said: "All 6 of us were blown away by Alice’s enthusiasm and professionalism. Not to mention her memory! She didn’t fail to recall a single name in a group total of 40. We would definitely recommend this to friends!"
* A traveler said: "Entertaining and informative tour of the grisly past of York … fully recommend for a fun historic tour"
* A traveler said: "Fantastic tour, we loved every second, the conductor was brilliant! We really enjoyed it, the history was also fantastic."
* A traveler said: "Very informative guide. Learned a lot about York and its walls. Knowledgeable about history of the York Bars and its Victorian history."
* A traveler said: "The commentator - really fantastic knowledge along with good humour. Very entertaining. Lovely trip down the river Ouse, absolutely recommend."
* A traveler said: "It was a very informative adventure add a really great time doing it and you got to see York in more ways that you could imagine"
* A traveler said: "Great trip, well worth the money. The guy working was excellent, explained everything quickly and clearly. Out and out great thing to do in York!"
* A traveler said: "Brilliant afternoon walking through the streets of old York, highly recommended it. Far greater than our expectations."
* A traveler said: "Very easy and interesting route to follow/ highly recommended!! We followed over two days and split in half- very easy to jump in and out."
* A traveler said: "The staff on board were friendly and attentive. The sandwiches and cakes were delicious. Captain Kris was informative and knowledgable throughout the tour. He went above and beyond, welcoming all tourists personally when boarding the cruise. He took time to ask and check in with each and every person. A very relaxing and enjoyable outing!"
* A traveler said: "Huge thanks to Cecil for leading our group of 6 safely through the streets of York, and to share his extensive knowledge and insight. We had a lovely cycle tour and would recommend this guided bike tour without hesitation. Thank you Cecil for an enjoyable morning."
* A traveler said: "Really enjoyed the ghost tour with our hen party, Dorian was absolutely fantastic at entertaining us with ghostly stories of York, plenty of humour and I jumped out of my skin a few times!! 🤣🤣 I’d definitely recommend this tour."
* A traveler said: "Highly recommend this excursion, great experience. Whitby was our highlight and Goathland due to Heartbeat. Our tour guide Steve was brilliant."
* A traveler said: "Dave was extraordinarily knowledgeable and I really appreciated the detail he provided. He painted some wonderful historical scenes and did his best to make it an immersive experience."
* A traveler said: "Fab day out thanks to our driver Mark. Mark is extremely knowledgeable and gave us loads of interesting facts. Lots of stops at the beautiful dales. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and would highly recommend this tour with Mark."
* A traveler said: "Sarah our tour guide was very gd friendly+full of knowledge taking us to parts of town we hadn't been before."
* A traveler said: "Excellent trip and customer service. Ideal for solo travellers as well. Had a great time, enjoying the beautiful scenery. I loved visiting Abby and my only regret is that we couldn’t stay there a bit longer."
* A traveler said: "The guide was very informative about the local areas and its history. Always made sure we were OK and looked after us. Also gave good recommendations for the best places to eat along the journey."
* A traveler said: "Nick was fantastic, answered all our questions, gave us some fantastic history and cracked some funny jokes definitely recommend"
* A traveler said: "Amazing tour with Emily. The tour was very interesting and informative. Emily was a wonderful guide, extremely friendly, kind and knowledgeable. I learned a lot about York. I was lucky enough to be the only person on the tour, so it was very personalised. I would highly recommend this tour!"
* A traveler said: "We both had such an amazing time! John was so knowledgable and friendly. We experienced York in a way we wouldn’t have, if we didn’t do the tour! I would recommend to anyone especially if you want to learn about the Vikings history!"
* A traveler said: "Our top hat wearing guide Nigel was excellent. The tour was very informative and well paced. Why is this bl00dy box forcing me to write more? I hate these review things. You try to help by being honest but the system demands endless waffle is typed."
* A traveler said: "Excellent trip. Tour guide, Lee, from York though Moors & Dales to Lakes District & return was brilliant. Spent most of day with Lee. He was great! Friendly, informative, personable & thoughtful. Lisa who took us through Lakes District very good too. Very much enjoyed our day & the sights."
Frequently Asked Questions
- Clifford's Tower
- Merchant Adventurers' Hall
- North Yorkshire Moors Railway
- Jorvik Dig
- Yorkshire Museum of Farming
- Henry VII Experience at Micklegate Bar
- York Army Museum
- Yorkshire Museum
- Goddards House and Garden
- York Maze
- National Railway Museum
- York Dungeon
- York Brewery
- Treasurer's House
- Beningbrough Hall
- Barley Hall
- Mansion House
- Fairfax House
- York Cold War Bunker
- Jorvik Viking Centre