Vilnil Museum of Illusions
An admission ticket for the Museum of Illusions includes unlimited access to the interactive exhibits. There are more than 60 different exhibitions to enjoy, including 3D art, holograms, mirrors, optical illusion rooms, games, and puzzles. Four times a week, the museum also hosts an LED light show, which tells the history of Vilnius. Be sure to bring your camera—there are endless opportunities for unusual photos such as posing in an upside-down room.
Things to Know Before You Go
The Museum of Illusions is a must for Instagrammers.
Entrance tickets include admission to the light show; children under 7 are free.
The small museum can be visited in around 40 minutes, but you might want to spend longer in order to take photos and fully appreciate the exhibitions.
Instructions for the interactive exhibits are provided in English, and the staff speaks English.
The museum has a shop filled with quirky gifts.
Visit with at least one or two people to make the most of the interactive exhibits.
How to Get There
The Vilnil Museum of Illusions is located in Vilnius Old Town, within easy walking distance of the central attractions, making it an easy attraction to fit in to exploration of the historic center.
When to Get There
The museum is open daily from midmorning to night. To make the most of your visit, time your arrival to enjoy the light show, held Tuesdays to Fridays at 7pm.
Museums in Vilnius
The Museum of Illusions is one of a number of notable museums in Vilnius. History buffs should head to the National Museum of Lithuania, while art lovers will want to add the National Gallery of Art and the Contemporary Art Center to their itineraries. To learn more about Lithuania during the Soviet era, visit the fascinating Museum of Occupation and Freedom Fights, housed in the former KGB headquarters. Other family-friendly museums include the Lithuanian Railway Museum and the Toy Museum.
- Vilnius University (Vilniaus Universitetas)
- Gate of Dawn (Ausros Vartai)
- Church of the Holy Spirit (Sventosios Dvasios Baznycia)
- Bastion of the Vilnius Defensive Wall (Vilniaus Gynybines Sienos Basteja)
- Presidential Palace
- Vilnius Old Town (Vilniaus Senamiestis)
- Amber Museum-Gallery (Gintaro Muziejus-Galerija)
- Bernardine Church (Bernardinu Parapija)
- St. Anne's Church
- Money Museum (Pinigu Muziejaus)
- Palace of the Grand Dukes of Lithuania (National Museum)
- Vilnius Cathedral (Arkikatedra Bazilika)
- Gediminas Castle Tower (Gedimino Pilies Bokstas)
- Subacius Hill