Top Vienna Wine Tastings
- Take an hour’s trip to a traditional heuriger (a rustic Viennese wine bar) to learn about local vintages and to taste a few in the restaurant’s vinothek (tasting shop).
- Enjoy a wine tasting at a traditional winery in the Wachau Valley and then lunch at a wine tavern.
- Learn about the Austrian tradition of sparkling wine and explore the 300-year-old cellars at Schlumberger Cellars.
- Take a guided bike tour through the Austrian countryside and stop off at several family-owned wineries not usually open to the public.
33 results | All Vienna Tours
* A traveler said: "Lolo was an awesome guide . Enjoyed every aspect of this tour . The wines are wonderful. There are not long boring drives but a series of short ones from stop to stop. The longest was one hour. In the summer you get a nice Danube cruise. . I truly recommend this tour ."
* A traveler said: "Had an absolutely fabulous time! The wineries were so beautiful and everyone was friendly and eager to help."
* A traveler said: "iolo was awesome! Full of energy, history and jokes all day! One of the best days we spent in Vienna"
* A traveler said: "We had a wonderful time, our guide was very entertaining and quite knowledgeable, I learned several things that I didn’t know about sparkling wine. The sparkling wine was very good, we bought 3 bottles plus the very reasonably priced glasses."
* A traveler said: "It was a discussion about and with wine and i was very individual. The ambient was perfekt and we felt very welcome."
* A traveler said: "Best food tour I have ever been on. Every time I travel I like to start with a food tour to get lay of the land. This food tour went way beyond expectations. The guide was informative and enjoyable and before I knew it 4 hours past. Again, best tour I did in Vienna!"
* A traveler said: "Best tour ever (and we’ve done +40). Wolfy was awesome as a guide and showed us the true heart of Vienna — the food culture. A “must” when in Vienna!"
* A traveler said: "This was really worth the money. Great food , great venue, great concert and the artists enjoyed themselves as well , all together a great package."
* A traveler said: "The class was so much fun...well worth it! Nemo and Shweta made the class fun, giving tips to help our chocolate creations be amazing."
* A traveler said: "nice trip. good guide. wonderfull kandscape. nice time on the ship tomelk abbey. durnstein is nice village with good wine"
* A traveler said: "BEST ADVENTURE OF OUR TRIP. This was a private your with two wine tasting and a boat cruise on the Danube to Melk Abbey. Outstanding, be prepared to wear comfortable shoes and take your time. Our guide was amazing and we thoroughly loved everything about this tour."
* A traveler said: "We really enjoyed our guide, Jan. He was thorough in his explanations of the actual tour, history of the area, and general information. The bike ride was very easy, so athletic wear is not needed. The scenery and the stops were fabulous."
* A traveler said: "Roland, our walking, food and culinary guide is not just a wonderful communicator, but he is very welcoming, and made us feel so comfortable from the beginning of our tour. He asked important questions, i.e., did we have any food allergies, or any foods we did not like, and if we wanted alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages. He explained each of the five courses we would experience, and the special historical places in which we would enjoy our food tour, and their significance to each course. We thoroughly enjoyed our time with Roland! He made the whole experience a truly delightful memory! Note: Food portions are generous, so arrive hungry!"
* A traveler said: "Stylvianos knows alot about austrian wines, and wine in general, and he is very eager to share this knowledge in a very pleasant way. The experience was very informal and cosy, and the wine cellar was very modern with respect for the history of the building. Would definetly recommend it to anybody interested in wine."
* A traveler said: "We had a spectacular experience touring the picturesque towns of Melk, Krems and Spitz. Our guide, Niko Matejka, was amazing, professional, extremely knowledgeable and took us to the Gritsch Vineyards in Spitz. He shared many wonderful stories with us. We took a ferry across the Danube to the vineyards. We tasted a variety of wine and met the owner who prepared an Austrian appetizer plate for us. We were able to purchase the wine, as well. The views from the Gritsch home/vineyard were spectacular - gorgeous, lush vineyards and the owner and his staff were so nice. Additionally, our guide Niko took us to the Melk Abby and through the quaint town of Melk where we had a delicious snack at an outdoor restaurant that was a few hundred years old. We toured Schonbuhel-Aggsbach and spent time in Aggstein Castle - a ruined castle on the right bank of the Danube in Wachau, Austria. We rode our kick-bikes down the mountain from the castle - it was an exhilarating experience. I would highly recommend Viator and this experience - especially our guide, Niko. Niko was outstanding and fun! |Lisa and Gary G."
Frequently Asked Questions
- Art & Culture
- Classes & Workshops
- Food & Drink
- Coffee & Tea
- Dining Experiences
- Food & Drink Classes
- Food Tours
- Culinary & Gourmet Tour
- Street Food Tours
- Wine Tastings
- Wine, Beer & Spirits
- Wine Making Workshops
- Wine Tastings
- Wine Tours
- Outdoor Activities
- Seasonal & Special Occasions
- Tickets & Passes
- Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
- Travel & Transportation Services
- Unique Experiences
- Maria Theresa Square (Maria Theresien Platz)
- Schlumberger Cellars
- Museum Moderner Kunst Stiftung Ludwig Wien (MUMOK)
- Leopold Museum
- St. Michael’s Church (Michaelerkirche)
- Neue Burg
- Madame Tussauds Vienna
- Sisi Museum
- Vienna Secession
- Kunsthalle Wien Museumsquartier
- Otto Wagner Pavillon Karlsplatz
- Danube Tower (Donauturm)
- Beethoven Pasqualatihaus
- Mozarthaus Vienna
- Votive Church (Votivkirche)
- Vienna Woods (Wienerwald)
- Things to do in Schwechat
- Things to do in Bratislava
- Things to do in Graz
- Things to do in Linz
- Things to do in Cesky Krumlov
- Things to do in Budapest
- Things to do in Hallstatt
- Things to do in Passau
- Things to do in Salzburg
- Things to do in Prague
- Things to do in Zagreb
- Things to do in Ljubljana
- Things to do in Lower Austria
- Things to do in Upper Austria
- Things to do in Bohemia