Waldemarsudde Museum Tours and Activities
Originally the home of Sweden’s Prince Eugen, Waldemarsudde in Stockholm may be the country’s most beautiful art museum. In addition to being one of Sweden’s best known landscape artists, the Prince amassed a massive collection of works by both established and unknown artists over the course of 60 years. Today, more than 3,000 of his own pieces and more than 3,000 other works are housed at Waldemarsudde, with his collection of Swedish art from the turn of the 19th century considered one of the best in Sweden.
Waldemarsudde is set in a 70,000 square meter park surrounded by the Stockholm Harbor on three sides. It consists of a castle-like main building known as the Mansion, the original manor home known as the Old House, a Gallery Building and an old linseed oil mill. The ground floor of the Mansion has been preserved as it was when the Prince was alive, while the upper two floors are now used for temporary exhibitions or for displaying the Prince’s art. The Gallery Building hosts temporary exhibitions as well.
Tours and Activities to Experience Waldemarsudde Museum
Frequently Asked Questions
- Stockholm RIB Speed Boat Tour
- Royal Canal Tour
- Stockholm, The Royal Park Epic Bike all-inclusive Tour!
- Stockholm Historic Highlights, Private Chauffeur Tour
- Things to do in Tallinn
- Things to do in Helsinki
- Things to do in Oslo
- Things to do in Riga
- Things to do in Copenhagen
- Things to do in Kaliningrad
- Things to do in Gdansk
- Things to do in Streymoy
- Things to do in Vilnius
- Things to do in Rostock
- Things to do in St Petersburg
- Things to do in Stavanger
- Things to do in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern
- Things to do in Western Norway
- Things to do in Northern Germany