Stockholm National Museum
The Swedish National Museum (also referred to as the National Museum of Fine Arts) is the national gallery of Sweden, located in central Stockholm. The benefactors, King Gustav III and Carl Gustaf Tessin, amassed an impressive art collection for the museum that is available for your viewing today. The gallery is home to about art spanning the Middle Ages to 1900, and the museum features an important 18th century Dutch and Flemmish collection, including Rembrandt, Ruben, and Frans Hals the Elder. In addition you can also admire a lovely collection of porcelain objects, paintings, sculptures, and modern art. The art library for the public and the academic community.
The original museum, called the Royal Museum, was founded in 1792. The current building was then built, inspired by North Italian Renaissance architecture, by architect Friedrich August Stüler in 1866.
Stockholm National Museum Tours and Activities
What are Stockholm National Museum hours of operation?
Should I book Stockholm National Museum tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Stockholm National Museum 2021?
What's the best way to experience Stockholm National Museum?
- Stockholm RIB Speed Boat Tour
- Swedish Art and Design tour - 3 museums and more
- Stockholm Historic Highlights, Private Chauffeur Tour
Things to do near Stockholm
- Things to do in Tallinn
- Things to do in Helsinki
- Things to do in Oslo
- Things to do in Riga
- Things to do in Copenhagen
- Things to do in Kaliningrad
- Things to do in Gdansk
- Things to do in Streymoy
- Things to do in Vilnius
- Things to do in Rostock
- Things to do in St Petersburg
- Things to do in Stavanger
- Things to do in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern
- Things to do in Western Norway
- Things to do in Northern Germany