Top Stavanger Catamaran Cruises
Saved to wishlist!
6 results | All Stavanger Tours
Make the most of your time on shore in Stavanger by getting back out onto the water on this guided boat tour. Sail into the Lysefjord to soak up the scenery of mountains, waterfalls, and tiny islands, and see such world-famous attractions as Pulpit Rock (Preikestolen). Also visit Vagabond's Cave, which legend says was named after a group of vagabonds who hid there; see goats at summer pasture, and taste clear mountain water from the Hengjane falls.
Trade the city’s bustle for a trip into nature, and immerse yourself in southwestern Norway’s dramatic scenery of mountains and fjords, on this cruise from Stavanger. Depart in the morning directly from the city’s pier, and travel into the Lysefjord, a 26-mile (42-kilometer) fjord framed by rugged peaks and rock formations. You can admire the famed Pulpit Rock from the water, see the Vagrant’s Cave, and taste the glacial water directly from the Hengjane Falls.
Venture into nature, and discover some of southern Norway’s most dramatic scenery, on this cruise trip from central Stavanger. In the morning, make your own way to the waterfront and hop aboard. Your destination is Lysefjord—a 26-mile (42-kilometer) fjord. Admire the granite cliffs that surround it as you go, stop to taste water from a glacial waterfall, see Pulpit Rock, and discover the hidden Vagabond’s Cave.
NEW AND UPDATED! This tour is specially made for families and you who like Vikings, authentic historical surroundings, and short walks! There will be storytelling and Viking activities for children organized by our guides. We board the express boat MS Gyda at the cruise terminal and set the course to the Vikings at Avaldsnes (approx. 20 min). Along the seaway, you will get a guided presentation of the surroundings, with local history and the development of the oil and gas industry until today’s green energy in the region. At Avaldsnes, you enter the old Viking harbor and will be met by local Viking guides from the Avaldsnes museum. It will also be time to explore on your own, do activities specially made for children, and visit the Viking boathouse before we set the course back. On the return, we sail to the city center, through “Smedasundet.” Among the old boathouses, before entering the cruise terminal for disembarkation. (Total time for the adventure is 2,5 hours)
Western Norway’s Pulpit Rock is a towering cliff-plateau directly suspended over the Lysefjorden. Hikers flock here to dangle over the precipice and photograph the meandering blue fjord. This guided hike leaves from Stavanger brings you safely to the edge of the rock to take in the view. You have time at the top to take pictures, relax, and eat lunch or a snack.
Explore Stavanger at your own pace and according to your own tastes with a 24-hour hop-on hop-off sightseeing bus ticket. Board and disembark the bus at any of the 11 tour stops throughout the city, including the Stavanger Museum and theLedaal Royal Residence. Spend as little or as long time as you wish at each stop or stay aboard for the full 50-minute circuit, listening to enlightening commentary via the audio guide.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the best Catamaran Cruises in Stavanger?
The best Catamaran Cruises in Stavanger according to Viator travelers are:
What Catamaran Cruises in Stavanger are taking additional safety precautions?
These Stavanger experiences are providing additional COVID-19 safety measures:
What Catamaran Cruises in Stavanger are good for avoiding crowds?
These hidden gems in Stavanger may have limited interaction with crowds:
- Art & Culture
- Audio Guides
- Likely To Sell Out
- Outdoor Activities
- Nature and Wildlife Tours
- On the Ground
- On the Water
- Catamaran Cruises
- Sightseeing Cruises
- Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
- Cruises & Sailing
- Day Cruises
- Ports of Call Tours
- Shore Excursions
- How to Get Around
- Sightseeing Tours
- Tours by Duration
- Classes & Workshops
- Food & Drink
- Travel & Transportation Services
- Unique Experiences
- Things to do in Western Norway
- Things to do in Oslo
- Things to do in Copenhagen
- Things to do in St. Andrews
- Things to do in Inverness
- Things to do in Edinburgh
- Things to do in Newcastle-upon-Tyne
- Things to do in Leeuwarden
- Things to do in Middlesbrough
- Things to do in Stirling
- Things to do in Hamburg
- Things to do in Rostock
- Things to do in Glasgow
- Things to do in Northeast Scotland
- Things to do in The Scottish Highlands
Popular on Viator
- Statue of Liberty Tours and Tickets
- The White House Tours and Tickets
- Antelope Canyon Tours and Tickets
- Hoover Dam Tours and Tickets
- Alcatraz Tours and Tickets
- Stonehenge Tours and Tickets
- Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum Tours and Tickets
- Beverly Hills Tours and Tickets
- Colosseum Tours and Tickets
- Washington Monument Tours and Tickets
- San Diego Zoo Tours and Tickets
- Space Needle Tours and Tickets
- Eiffel Tower Tours and Tickets
- Pearl Harbor National Memorial Tours and Tickets
- Empire State Building Tours and Tickets
- Art Institute of Chicago Tours and Tickets
- Aquarium of the Pacific Tours and Tickets
- Blue Lagoon Tours and Tickets
- Burj Khalifa Tours and Tickets
- Metropolitan Museum of Art (The Met) Tours and Tickets