St. Pete Beach
While close to the metropolitan areas of St. Petersburg and Tampa Bay—accessible by two highway bridges—the island offers a tropical-vacation that feels far from the city. Those in need of a relaxing getaway can watch the waves with a drink in hand, try out stand-up paddleboarding, and take a sunset cruise. Adventure lovers can find their fill of adrenaline with ample opportunities for windsurfing, kitesurfing, parasailing, and more. The island is also a popular jumping-off point for dolphin watching cruises.
Things to Know Before You Go
- St. Pete Beach is easily accessible as a day-trip destination and also has plenty of activities to make it worth a multi-day stay.
- You can rent bikes, kayaks, powerboats, and more so you don’t have to worry about hauling your own.
- There are ample lodging opportunities but be sure to book in advance if visiting in the busy season—March–May.
How to Get There
You can reach the island via Pasadena Avenue or the Pinellas Bayway, both of which have bridges connecting the island to the mainland. You can also take public transportation to the island and once there make use of the Suncoast Beach Trolley—that way you don’t have to worry about finding and paying for parking.
When to Get There
When to Get ThereSt. Pete Beach averages 361 days of sunshine a year, making it a popular year-round vacation destination. Visit in the spring for pleasantly warm temperatures—summer can get too hot while winter tends to be a little too chilly for sunbathing.
Visiting the Don CeSar Resort
Built in the 1920s, the Don CeSar—also known as the Pink Palace—has been attracting visitors to its white-sand beaches, pools, and luxurious suites for nearly a century. Now listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the oceanfront resort is worth a stop whether or not you are staying overnight. The trolley stops out front and day visitors can enjoy the resort’s restaurants, bars, spa, and beaches.
- Things to do in Florida
- Things to do in Tampa
- Things to do in Clearwater
- Things to do in Sarasota
- Things to do in Crystal River
- Things to do in Fort Myers
- Things to do in Orlando
- Things to do in Naples
- Things to do in Cocoa Beach
- Things to do in Cape Canaveral
- Things to do in St Augustine
- Things to do in Fort Lauderdale
- Things to do in Everglades National Park
- Things to do in Grand Bahama Island
- Things to do in Georgia