Delft Vermeer Centre (Vermeer Centrum) Tours and Tickets
Relishing in the glorious history of Dutch painting, Delft Vermeer Centre (Vermeer Centrum) celebrates the legacy of Johannes Vermeer, the famous painter who once called Delft home. In the Netherland’s Golden Age, Vermeer flourished as one of the most successful and highly regarded Dutch painters. His ‘Girl With the Pearl Earring’ painting has become one of the most recognizable in the world.
The museum expertly tells the story of his life and his works, while also highlighting the technique of other painters of the time. There are even pieces of his equipment and supplies that lend a glimpse into his artistic process.
The center is designed to show Delft as Veneer once saw it, allowing for a journey back to 17th century Holland and into his world of light and color. It teaches of his upbringing, mentors, and the influences that shaped him an his work. Visitors also have the opportunity to visit his studio and, using the camera obscura, play with light, composition, and perspective just as he once did.
Tours and Tickets to Experience Delft Vermeer Centre (Vermeer Centrum)
- Museum Prinsenhof Delft
- Royal Delft (Koninklijke Porceleyne Fles)
- Delft Pottery of Delftse Pauw
- The Hague City Hall (Stadhuis)
- Inner Court & Hall of Knights (Binnenhof & Ridderzaal)
- Prison Gate Museum (Gevangenpoort)
- Square 1813 (Plein 1813)
- Noordeinde Palace (Paleis Noordeinde)
- Escher in Het Paleis (Escher in the Palace)
- Peace Palace (Vredespaleis)
- Panorama Mesdag
- Louwman Museum