Karl Johans Gate
Stretching from Oslo Central Station to the Royal Palace, Karl Johans gate is Oslo’s main thoroughfare. Named after King Charles III John (Karl Johan), the street is home to many of the
city’s top attractions, including the Royal Palace, Stortinget, National Theatre and Central Station.
During Oslo’s short summer, residents flock to the beer gardens lining the street for al fresco drinks. Come winter, a pond along the street transforms into an ice skating rink. Throughout the
year, restaurants, cafes and bars lining the street fill up with both locals and visitors. Much of Oslo’s best shops can be found along the street and the smaller streets branching from it.
Karl Johans Gate Tours and Activities
Should I book Karl Johans Gate tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Karl Johans Gate 2021?
What's the best way to experience Karl Johans Gate?
- E-Scooter Oslo City Tour
- Small-Group Oslo Bike Tour: City Highlights
- Shore Excursion: Oslo Highlights Tour with Viking Ship Museum and Vigeland Park
- Best of Oslo Private Tour
Things to do near Oslo
- Things to do in Stavanger
- Things to do in Streymoy
- Things to do in Stockholm
- Things to do in Copenhagen
- Things to do in Rostock
- Things to do in Hamburg
- Things to do in Gdansk
- Things to do in Tallinn
- Things to do in Helsinki
- Things to do in Leeuwarden
- Things to do in Kaliningrad
- Things to do in Berlin
- Things to do in Western Norway
- Things to do in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern
- Things to do in Northern Germany