The Andy Griffith Museum
Located in Andy Griffith’s hometown of Mount Airy—the setting of the show’s fictional town of Mayberry—the Andy Griffith Museum makes a fun road-trip stop for pop-culture enthusiasts or Andy Griffith fans. You’ll also get access to the “Mount Airy to Mayberry” photo exhibit, as well as the Betty Lynn exhibit, featuring the life of the Mount Airy–based actor who played Thelma Lou onThe Andy Griffith Show.
Things to Know Before You Go
Admission to the Andy Griffith Museum comes with access to several of the town’s other exhibits.
The museum is located near numerous restaurants and shops.
The site is wheelchair-accessible but can be difficult to navigate when crowded.
How to Get There
Located on Rockford Street in Mount Airy, the museum is within walking distance of other downtown attractions. From I-77, take exit 100 for NC-89 and follow W Pine Street to Rockford Street.
When to Get There
The museum is open year-round, but the most popular time to visit is during the annual 4-day Mayberry Days festival, held over the last weekend of September.
The rural town of Mount Airy was made famous byThe Andy Griffith Show, which was set in Mayberry—a fictional town that closely resembled Griffith’s actual hometown. Embracing its role in the TV show, Mount Airy hosts the annual Mayberry Days festival, which takes visitors back in time and into the scenes of the beloved show. The weekend is filled with parades and other events and activities for the whole family.
- Things to do in Outer Banks
- Things to do in South Carolina
- Things to do in Georgia
- Things to do in Maryland
- Things to do in Myrtle Beach
- Things to do in Greenville
- Things to do in Charleston
- Things to do in Savannah
- Things to do in Washington DC
- Things to do in Tennessee
- Things to do in Pennsylvania
- Things to do in New Jersey
- Things to do in Ohio
- Things to do in Indiana
- Things to do in Alabama
- Blue Ridge Parkway
- SEA LIFE® – Charlotte-Concord Aquarium
- Charlotte Motor Speedway (NASCAR)
- UNC Charlotte Botanical Gardens
- Historic Rosedale Plantation
- US National Whitewater Center
- Fourth Ward
- Discovery Place Science
- Discovery Place Nature (Charlotte Nature Museum)
- Carolinas Aviation Museum
- Old Settlers’ Cemetery
- Bank of America Stadium
- Levine Center for the Arts
- Bechtler Museum of Modern Art
- The Green