Aquarium of Niagara Tours and Activities
Read MoreShow Less
Established in 1965 by scientists, the Aquarium of Niagara has grown to become a charming and educational place to spend some time in Niagara Falls, New York. More than just a museum, the aquarium is a rescue center for injured sea animals and is home to seals, Humboldt penguins, and all kinds of fish.
Both kids and adults love visiting the Aquarium of Niagara to learn more about sea life and to support the aquarium's rescue work. Its mission is to increase public awareness of aquatic ecosystems through their exhibits, displays, and other programs that support their conservation work and research. Visitors can enjoy viewing seals and other sea mammals, penguins, and colorful tropical fish and coral.
Within walking distance of Niagara Falls, the aquarium is an easy place to stop by when visiting the falls. Guided tours of the Niagara Falls area often pass the museum and may give visitors some free time to see the aquarium exhibits. Such tours also include Niagara Falls itself and a Maid of the Mist boat ride.
Things to Know Before You Go
- There is no cafe on-site, but the nearby town offers plenty of places to grab a meal or a coffee.
- The aquarium puts on many events throughout the day, from penguin feeding to special presentations by experts. Check the website for the latest schedule.
- The aquarium is a not-for-profit, so visiting helps them take care of their animals and continue their research.
- Admission tickets allow visitors repeat entrance throughout the day, so you can leave to have lunch and then come back.
How to Get There
The aquarium is opposite the northeastern corner of Niagara Falls State Park, New York, off the I-90 at the Robert Moses Parkway exit. It’s easily accessible by private vehicle or bus from Buffalo or Niagara Falls, Ontario. To cross over from Canada, make sure to bring your passport.
When to Get There
The Aquarium of Niagara is open daily from 9am until 7pm Sunday–Thursday, and until 9pm on weekends. It’s closed on Thanksgiving and Christmas Day. As it’s an indoor activity, it would be particularly good to visit during the winter, or when it’s wet out.
40 Winks Under the Sea Sleepover Party
Groups can arrange for kids to enjoy a special sleepover at the aquarium, which makes a great birthday party. Sleepovers include a chance to explore the touch tank, a movie before bed, pizza and snacks, and a special sea lion show in the morning, before the aquarium opens.
Address: 701 Whirlpool Street, Niagara Falls, New York 14301, USA
0 Tours and Activities to Experience Aquarium of Niagara
No results found!
Things to do near Niagara Falls
- Things to do in New York
- Things to do in Niagara Falls & Around
- Things to do in Buffalo
- Things to do in Toronto
- Things to do in Cleveland
- Things to do in Pittsburgh
- Things to do in Ottawa
- Things to do in Philadelphia
- Things to do in Newark
- Things to do in Amboseli National Park
- Things to do in New York City
- Things to do in Washington DC
- Things to do in Brooklyn
- Things to do in Pennsylvania
- Things to do in Ohio