Ostankino TV Tower
Visitors can ride the high-speed elevator to the tower’s two viewing decks: the glass-floored observation deck at 1,106 feet (337 meters) and the open-air observation deck at 279 feet (85 meters). Tickets must be purchased in advance, and with limited daily visitor numbers, it’s worth booking early, especially during peak season. Diners can enjoy lunch or dinner with a panoramic view of the city at the revolving 7th Heaven Restaurant.
Things to Know Before You Go
Tickets are available for the top observation deck or both decks; tickets and restaurant reservations must be arranged in advance.
You must present your passport and submit to security checks in order to enter the tower.
The tower is not accessible for wheelchair users, pregnant women, or children under 7.
How to Get There
The Ostankino TV Tower is located just west of the All-Russian Exhibition Center (VDNK) in the Ostankinsky district in northern Moscow. The closest metro station is Teletsentr, from which it’s a 10- to 15-minute walk.
When to Get There
The tower is open daily from midmorning to late at night. Visit between April and October to enjoy the open-air viewing deck (it’s closed in winter), time your tour for sunset, or come after dark for a view over the illuminated city.
Moscow’s Ostankinsky District
There are a number of attractions located close to the TV tower in Moscow’s Ostankinsky district. Just north of the tower is gigantic Ostankino Park, home to botanical gardens and the Moskvarium aquarium. Next door, the All-Russian Exhibition Center (VDNK) is a sprawling complex of historic sites, museums, and exhibitions, including the Vladimir Lenin Monument, the People’s Friendship Fountain, the Russia – My History historical park, and the Museum of Cosmonautics.
- Things to do in Nizhny Novgorod
- Things to do in St Petersburg
- Things to do in Kharkiv
- Things to do in Minsk
- Things to do in Kazan
- Things to do in Kiev
- Things to do in Vilnius
- Things to do in Riga
- Things to do in Tallinn
- Things to do in Helsinki
- Things to do in Volga Region
- Things to do in Sloboda Ukraine region
- Things to do in Volgograd
- Things to do in Southern Russia
- Things to do in Black Sea Coast
- Russia My History - Historical Park
- Sky Town
- Memorial Museum of Cosmonautics
- Museum of Soviet Arcade Machines
- Jewish Museum and Tolerance Center
- Gulag History Museum
- Hermitage Garden
- Tverskaya Street (Ulitsa Tverskaya)
- Stanislavsky and Nemirovich-Danchenko Moscow Music Theatre
- Sandunovsky Baths (Sandunovskiye Bani)
- Trampoline Park NEBO
- Moscow Zoo (Moskovskiy Zoopark)
- Bolshoi Theatre
- Revolution Square (Ploshchad Revolyutsii)
- GUM Department Store