Mosfilm Film Studio
Access the Mosfilm studios by guided tour only. On a tour, you explore the shooting stages, backlots, and production areas; learn all about the filming process and hear behind-the-scenes stories from notable movies; and visit the on-site museum, which has an impressive collection of vintage cars, costumes, and props, many dating back to the Soviet era.
Things to Know Before You Go
Group tours take 1.5 hours and include a maximum of 35 people.
Tours are conducted in Russian; private English-language tours can be arranged on request.
Most areas of the film studio are wheelchair accessible
How to Get There
Mosfilm is located in the Khamovniki district of Moscow, around six miles (10 kilometers) southwest of downtown Moscow. To arrive by public transport, ride the metro to Kiyevskaya or Universitet stations, from where bus 119 and trolley 17 run directly to Mosfilm.
When to Get There
Tours are available daily by appointment only.
Soviet-era Museums in Moscow
Learn more about Soviet-era Russia at VDNKh (All-Russia Exhibition Center), where the Memorial Museum of Cosmonautics and the Buran museum offer insight into Russia’s space explorations; marvel at Soviet-era cars at the Museum of Automotive History; or descend into a Cold War bunker at Bunker-42 Museum. For a look at Soviet-era appliances and memorabilia, head to the Museum of Industrial Culture, or try your luck on vintage video games at the Museum of Soviet Arcade Machines.
- Things to do in Nizhny Novgorod
- Things to do in St Petersburg
- Things to do in Kharkiv
- Things to do in Minsk
- Things to do in Kazan
- Things to do in Kiev
- Things to do in Vilnius
- Things to do in Riga
- Things to do in Tallinn
- Things to do in Helsinki
- Things to do in Volga Region
- Things to do in Sloboda Ukraine region
- Things to do in Volgograd
- Things to do in Southern Russia
- Things to do in Black Sea Coast
- Novodevichy Convent (Novodevichiy Monastyr)
- Victory Museum
- Moscow Metro (Moskovskiy Metropoliten)
- Leo Tolstoy State Museum (Muzey L.N. Tolstogo)
- A.S. Pushkin Memorial Apartment (Memorial'naya Kvartira A.S. Pushkina)
- State Darwin Museum
- Garage Museum of Contemporary Art
- Gorky Park (Park Gorkogo)
- Moscow Zoo (Moskovskiy Zoopark)
- Red October Chocolate Factory (Krasny Oktyabr)
- Pushkin Museum (Pushkin State Museum of Fine Arts)
- Cathedral of Christ the Savior (Khram Khrista Spasitelya)
- Russian State Library (Rossiyskaya Gosudarstvennaya Biblioteka)
- Red Square (Krasnaya Ploshchad)
- Kremlin Armoury (Armoury Chamber)