Kremlin Armoury (Armoury Chamber)
The Kremlin Armoury is situated within the Kremlin complex, though you’ll need to purchase a separate entry ticket to gain access to the exhibits. Tickets, which can be bought in advance or at the main box office, are limited in number and allow entry at a specific time slot only. For a more in-depth look at the Kremlin, opt for a guided tour that includes access to the Armoury as well as the Patriarch’s Palace and the complex’s cathedrals and churches.
Recent reviews from experiences in Moscow
Things to Know Before You Go
Be sure to arrive on time; admission is not guaranteed for visitors who turn up late for their time slot.
Download the Moscow Kremlin Museums app for interactive maps, games, and an audio guide.
Photography is prohibited inside the Kremlin Armoury.
Book tickets online in advance to avoid waiting in line at the crowded ticket office in Alexander Garden.
How to Get There
The Kremlin is situated in the center of Moscow, just a 5-minute walk from Red Square. To get there, take the metro to Borovitskaya (line 9) or Biblioteka Imeni Lenina (line 1). The Kremlin Armoury entrance is near Borovitskaya Tower.
When to Get There
The Kremlin Armoury is open to the public Friday through Wednesday, with reserved access slots four times a day. Arrive at least 30 minutes before your allotted time slot, as the entry process can be lengthy.
What to See Inside
The Armoury Chamber is divided across nine halls. Hall II features jewelry dating from the 18th–20th centuries, including the Grand Siberian Railway Fabergé egg that contains a golden model train with a ruby headlamp. Also popular is Hall IX, which displays royal court carriages. Look for a particularly extravagant model that carried Elizabeth I of Russia (Peter the Great’s daughter) from St. Petersburg to Moscow for her coronation.
- Things to do in Nizhny Novgorod
- Things to do in St Petersburg
- Things to do in Kharkiv
- Things to do in Minsk
- Things to do in Kazan
- Things to do in Kiev
- Things to do in Vilnius
- Things to do in Riga
- Things to do in Tallinn
- Things to do in Helsinki
- Things to do in Volga Region
- Things to do in Sloboda Ukraine region
- Things to do in Volgograd
- Things to do in Southern Russia
- Things to do in Black Sea Coast
- Assumption Cathedral (Dormition Cathedral)
- Cathedral of the Archangel (Arkhangelsky Sobor)
- Diamond Fund (Almazny Fond)
- Cathedral Square
- Cathedral of Christ the Savior (Khram Khrista Spasitelya)
- Moscow Kremlin
- Russian State Library (Rossiyskaya Gosudarstvennaya Biblioteka)
- Pushkin Museum (Pushkin State Museum of Fine Arts)
- State Historical Museum (Gosudarstvennyy Istoricheskiy Muzey)
- St. Basil’s Cathedral (Pokrovsky Sobor)
- Lenin's Mausoleum
- Alexander Garden (Alexandrovsky Sad)
- Kazan Cathedral (Kazansky Kafedralny Sobor)
- GUM Department Store
- Tretyakov Gallery (Tretyakovskaya Galereya)