Things to Do on Maui This Summer
With sunny beaches and lush jungles, Maui makes an ideal spot for a summer vacation. You can enjoy hikes through the rainforest, snorkeling in crystal-clear bays, and sea kayaking along the impressive shorelines—without worrying about the rain storms that often threaten in winter. Here are Maui’s must-do summer experiences.
- Start your day with a sunrise tour to the top of Haleakala.
- Sunbathe on the popular Big Beach or escape the crowds at Palauea Beach.
- Snorkel around Molokini and marvel at the vibrant underwater world that surrounds the crater.
- Indulge in all-you-can-eat fresh fruit and seafood on a sunset dinner cruise.
- Cool off in nature’s showers on a tour of East Maui’s waterfalls.
- Get a different perspective on a scenic helicopter tour.
- Swim with sea turtles at the Turtle Town reef.
- Take in the sights while someone else does the driving on a guided tour of the Road to Hana.
- Embrace Hawaiian culture at a traditional Old Lahaina Luau.
- Learn to surf in a beginner surf school or up your skills with private surf lessons.