Top Louisiana Plantation Tours
53 results | All Louisiana Tours
* A traveler said: "Very informative! We learned and saw a lot about what happened on the plantation. Highly recommend.."
* A traveler said: "The ride out was excellent and the bus was comfortable and clean. Our driver was also very awesome and knowledgeable about plantations on the way and good places to eat!"
* A traveler said: "Our bus driver , KP, was engaging, helpful, and informative . He knew every customer by name and catered to whatever they asked or needed. Our guide at Oak Alley, Mr Anthony , was equally excellent"
* A traveler said: "I had already visited both of these places back in the 1990’s and it was very nice to go back and rediscover them and learn more facts and refresh my memory of those that I’d forgotten."
* A traveler said: "The plantation experience was great, very informational. Loved that the location had food and drink available for our extra needs."
* A traveler said: "Best money spent all trip. They kept it exciting while educating you at the same time. And the lunch is amazing!!"
* A traveler said: "Lovely tour, everything was on time and the staff was very informative about the area. Food at the restaurant was amazing"
* A traveler said: "our guide was very informative. boat not only the water, the nature but the history. the boat was refreshing wind on a hot day! the alligators loved our visit as it was filled with snacks! The head phones were a nice touch to hide the noise. the boats were very clean!"
* A traveler said: "Absolutely fantastic tours! The plantation tour was super educational with much to look at and ponder. The large airboat was a blast and was not too wild. We had a fantastic tour guide who was very knowledgeable about the alligators. We saw lots of gators! Make sure you bring cash to tip!"
* A traveler said: "What a treasure! Great information on the property and it's history. Lovely grounds and the Dixie cafe was delicious"
* A traveler said: "We had so much fun! Definitely worth it all around. Our driver told and showed us all about Katrina too. My husband held a baby alligator on the swamp Tour!"
* A traveler said: "The whole experience was terrific!! Gazele was great!! The plantation were very clean and beautiful."
* A traveler said: "The entire experience was interesting and memorable. Brian was a great driver and made the bus ride seem very short. The tour itself was a remarkable and eye opening experience."
* A traveler said: "We thoroughly enjoyed the tour. Drivers & guides @ both stops were informative & prepared to answer questions. Lunch was limited between the 2 places, but we found a suitable place. Left feeling we had learned a lot. Awesome day!"
* A traveler said: "Small but presentation was very well put together. Staff was very sweet and informative would definitely share this place with others."
* A traveler said: "Owner was very knowledgeable about the family history of the home and furnishings. 10/10 recommend visiting."
* A traveler said: "Enjoyed every minute of the tour. Most memorable was the plantation tour of course. Even learned a few new words and or the origins."
* A traveler said: "Giselle was our Tour Guide and she was delightful and informative. Enjoyed the tour very much learned a lot about the Plantation. Would do it again."
* A traveler said: "Our tour guide was the so patient, kind and knowledgeable! I highly suggest using this company if you are considering touring. Whitney plantation was so REAL , so RAW! Covid 19 guidelines adhered to! Went with teenagers and they loved it and were engaged in excursion! Thank you"
* A traveler said: "Our driver, Gary, was great. Told fun, interesting stories about the area on the 1 hour drive to the plantation. The house tour was a little short but there was plenty of time to walk the grounds. Nice little restaurant and gift shop."
* A traveler said: "Wonderful. Definitely book the small airboat they can get into smaller spaces. This is an experience not to be missed. If rainy weather is a potential, take a rain jacket. We got rained on and with the jacket, we were totally fine."
* A traveler said: "The tour guide in the destrehan plantation was just phenomenal, lots of alligators as well so was fun"
* A traveler said: "The spectacular driveway and beautifully preserved home is only one reason to visit Oak Alley Plantation. It is a two sided tour, learning about the early days of the house, plantation and a genuine insight into the life of a plantation slave, to the tale of the last owner who arranged for her home to be preserved in time. A real eye opening visit. The cafe and shop is wonderful as is the Pecan Liqueur"
* A traveler said: "Our tour guide and bus driver was awesome very friendly and informative during city bus tour i would totally recommend him Thanks so much make our trip ao enjoyable"
Frequently Asked Questions
- Faubourg Marigny
- Destrehan Plantation
- Musical Legends Park
- Old U.S. Mint
- Houmas House
- San Francisco Plantation
- St. Louis Cemetery No. 1
- Audubon Butterfly Garden and Insectarium
- New Orleans Pharmacy Museum
- National WWII Museum
- Old Ursuline Convent
- Jackson Square
- Degas House
- Hotel Monteleone
- New Orleans School of Cooking
- Longue Vue House and Gardens
- Backstreet Cultural Museum
- Magazine Street
- Laura Plantation
- Frenchmen Street
- Things to do in New Orleans
- Things to do in Alabama
- Things to do in Texas
- Things to do in Tennessee
- Things to do in Orange Beach
- Things to do in Galveston
- Things to do in Houston
- Things to do in Destin
- Things to do in Dallas
- Things to do in Missouri
- Things to do in Georgia
- Things to do in Florida
- Things to do in South Carolina
- Things to do in Riviera Maya & the Yucatan
- Things to do in Grand Bahama Island