Come to join the party crowd, watch ocean sunsets, and take in historical sites, then head offshore to see the Gulf of Mexico’s castaway islands and mangroves. Read on for our top tips for making the most of 3 days in Key West.
Duval Street, Key West, Florida, 33040
As Key West’s most famous stretch of road, Duval Street is a feature in just about every sightseeing tour on the island, including the Conch Train that makes a 90-minute loop past the island’s top attractions. Night owls won’t want to leave Key West without joining a Duval Crawl; pub crawl options range from the normal to the paranormal (haunted bar crawls), and typically include a beer or cocktail at several locations along the way, as well as a souvenir T-shirt.
Things to Know Before You Go
Duval Street is a must-see for partiers and first-time visitors.
Don’t forget to bring a photo ID if you plan to imbibe alcohol.
Most establishments on Duval Street are family friendly until 9pm.
How to Get There
Duval Street is located on the southwestern end of Key West, less than a 10-minute drive from the airport. The easiest way to get there is by bicycle or the Key West tram system, as parking can be difficult and expensive.
When to Get There
Duval Street offers two totally different experiences, depending on when you visit. Come during daylight hours for shopping and strolling; come back at night for a lively party atmosphere, complete with live music and tropical cocktails. The street can become quite crowded when a cruise ship docks for the day.
Sloppy Joe’s Bar
If you can only visit one bar on Duval Street, make it Sloppy Joe’s. Opened in 1933, this watering hole is a National Historic Landmark and former haunt of Key West local Ernest Hemingway. In honor of this famous patron, the bar hosts a Hemingway Look-Alike Contest each July.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the nearest attractions to Duval Street?
What else should I know about attractions in Key West?
- Things to do in Florida
- Things to do in Everglades National Park
- Things to do in Naples
- Things to do in Miami
- Things to do in Fort Myers
- Things to do in Fort Lauderdale
- Things to do in Boca Raton
- Things to do in West Palm Beach
- Things to do in Sarasota
- Things to do in St Petersburg
- Things to do in Freeport
- Things to do in Tampa
- Things to do in Clearwater
- Things to do in Grand Bahama Island
- Things to do in New Providence Island
- Ernest Hemingway Home and Museum
- Key West Lighthouse and Keeper's Quarters Museum
- St. Paul's Key West Episcopal Church
- Hard Rock Cafe Key West
- Basilica of Saint Mary Star of the Sea
- Key West Cemetery
- Key West Historic District
- Fort Zachary Taylor
- Harry S. Truman Little White House
- Mel Fisher Maritime Museum
- Ripley's Believe It or Not! Key West Museum
- Key West Aquarium
- Key West Shipwreck Treasure Museum
- Key West Butterfly and Nature Conservatory
- Southernmost Point of the Continental USA