Aga Turkish Bath (Aga Hamami)
After changing, head to the sauna room, with its heated marble slab, to warm up and work up a sweat. All packages include a traditional body scrub and foam bath, as well as use of the sauna afterward. You can rinse off, then relax with a Turkish tea or coffee and snacks. Some upgraded packages include an oil massage and face mask.
Recent reviews from experiences in Istanbul
Things to Know Before You Go
Visitors get their own room, with provided locks, to change and keep their belongings.
Traditional bath towels, called pestemal, and slippers are provided.
While the sauna is a mixed gender area, women receive spa treatments in a separate room.
Masseuses work on customers of the same gender.
Tickets may be purchased ahead of time for convenience.
How to Get There
Aga Hamami is located in the Beyoglu district, on the European side of Istanbul. It’s within walking distance of Taksim Square, which is easily accessible by metro, tram, buses, and taxis. For a hassle-free experience, opt for a spa package that includes round-trip transportation from your hotel.
When to Get There
Aga Hamami is open daily from 10am to 10pm; however at certain times, the hamam is reserved exclusively for men. Women and mixed parties should check availability ahead of arrival. Expect to spend around one hour at the bath for a traditional package, and around two hours for the full package.
History of Aga Hamami
Aga Hamami was originally built as a hunting lodge for Sultan Mehmed the Conqueror, just one year after the fall of Constantinople. It underwent an extensive renovation nearly 400 years later, in 1844, and remained a private hamam for use by the sultan and his sons until the end of the Ottoman Empire. Today Aga Hamami has been renovated to be a mixed hamam and is open to the public, with a focus on tourists.
- Things to do in Varna
- Things to do in Izmir
- Things to do in Pamukkale
- Things to do in Ankara
- Things to do in Constanta
- Things to do in Veliko Tarnovo
- Things to do in Selçuk
- Things to do in Kusadasi
- Things to do in Bucharest
- Things to do in Bodrum
- Things to do in Marmaris
- Things to do in Antalya
- Things to do in Black Sea Coast
- Things to do in Western Anatolia
- Things to do in Aegean Coast
- Madame Tussauds Istanbul
- Galatasaray High School (Galatasaray Lisesi)
- Museum of Innocence (Masumiyet Müzesi)
- Cicek Pasaji (Flower Passage)
- St. Anthony of Padua Church (Sent Antuan Bazilikasi)
- Istiklal Street (Istiklal Caddesi)
- Pera Museum (Pera Müzesi)
- Taksim Square (Taksim Meydani)
- Istanbul Museum of Modern Art (Istanbul Modern Sanat Müzesi)
- Galata Mevlevi Museum (Galata Mevlevihanesi Müzesi)
- Galata Tower (Galata Kulesi)
- Military Museum and Cultural Center Command (Askeri Müze)
- Dolmabahce Palace (Dolmabahce Sarayi)
- Eminonu Pier (Eminönü Iskelesi)
- Eminӧnü Square (Eminönü Meydani)