Top Iasi How to Get Around
12 results | All Iasi Tours
* A traveler said: "I am amazed that tourists do not swarm these magnificent testaments to human achievement. The interiors are breathtaking, and the backdrop of small towns with their horses and carts was irresistible. I would place this as the number one attraction in Romania."
* A traveler said: "Iulian was our driver. He was the best. He answered our many questions. If we asked to see something not really in the itinerary he always let us. He is very patient and seems to enjoy his job. His English is excellent."
* A traveler said: "In spite of extremely hot day Iulian made his best to make us love Iasi.Excelent english,flexible, knowledgable,made this tour real value for money"
* A traveler said: "This rural experience was a very enjoyable day. I have been to Romania four times now and with each visit I get to see and experience so much more of this beautiful country. The landscape, citadel, monastery, and Nicolae Popa museum was a great insight into the rich history and culture within Romania. My guide Lucian was fantastic even organising an impromptu visit to a family which was the highlight of the day. They welcomed you traditionally, quenched your thirst and appetite with home made food and beverages and then put me to work husking some corn. Absolutely an awesome experience that will stay with me forever."
* A traveler said: "We were thrilled with our tour of the beautiful region of Bucovina and surrounding Moldavia. We could not have had a better experience than with the Rolandia guides, Madalina in Iasi and Iulian in Bucovina. They both created an atmosphere of cheerful welcome and a spirit of discovery, as well as being extremely knowledgeable and interested in engaging with us. With only two days to visit four monasteries, one fortress, a castle and two museums, our tour of Bucovina was quite packed, but Iulian organized our time very professionally without making us feel rushed. Iulian was also a great driver and used the time in the car as an opportunity to educate us about a variety of local customs and other facts about the region. The painted monasteries well deserve their UNESCO recognition--they are incredible pieces of art and architecture, totally unique to their place and time. Iulian's explanations of the historical and religious contexts in which the churches were decorated were more than invaluable and went far beyond anything we had in our guidebooks. We also greatly enjoyed the Popa museum with its collection of folk art and artifacts. The included hotel stays consisted of two nights in Iasi and one night in Gura Humorului--in Iasi the 4-star hotel accommodation was comfortable and we appreciated the ample breakfast. In Gura Humorului, accommodation was of a completely different style, in rustic cottage rooms well off the beaten track. Here we really felt like we saw a true slice of Romanian country life. We were served fresh milk from the cow and "placinta" cake made by the hotel owner. The contrast between the urban stay in Iasi and the experience of the more rural areas was an interesting aspect of the tour. The included dinner in Bucovina was an incredible experience--all the food was sourced from a local farm and delicious, if heavy on meat. In all, we had a terrific and fun experience and would highly recommend this tour. It was perfect for an American couple and their adult daughter living in Romania to spend family time together."
Frequently Asked Questions
- Private day trip from Iasi to the UNESCO Painted Monasteries in Bucovina
- Private Day trip to Republic of Moldova - visit Chisinau and Cricova Winery
- Private Iasi City Tour
- Private Rural Experience from Iasi - Agapia Monastery and Popa Museum
- Private three days tour of Iasi and UNESCO Painted Monasteries in Bucovina
- Things to do in Chisinau
- Things to do in Brasov
- Things to do in Sighisoara
- Things to do in Tulcea
- Things to do in Odessa
- Things to do in Cluj-Napoca
- Things to do in Sibiu
- Things to do in Sofia
- Things to do in Budapest
- Things to do in Krakow
- Things to do in Istanbul
- Things to do in Warsaw
- Things to do in Transylvania
- Things to do in Wallachia
- Things to do in Black Sea Coast