Fethiye Old Town (Paspatur) Tours and Activities
Just inland from the main port area and east of the ancient amphitheater is Fethiye’s old town, known as Paspatur. The narrow streets here are filled with shops and street stalls selling everything from Turkish carpets, jewelry and antiques to edible goodies like spices and Turkish delight; there are also touristic knick-knacks aplenty.
Even if you’re not planning on buying anything, Paspatur is a great place for wandering around and people-watching, or for getting a bite to eat at one of the many cafés and eateries. Thanks to a canopy of vines above, its shaded streets are pleasant even during the height of summer.
Nearby is Fethiye’s main fish market, where you’ll see local residents shopping and where you can even purchase your own fish and have it cooked up for you to eat at one of the nearby restaurants.
While you’re in the area, you may also want to stop by the Eski Cami, Fethiye’s oldest mosque, or the Eski Hamam, a Turkish bath dating back to the Ottoman period, for a traditional scrubdown.
Tours and Activities to Experience Fethiye Old Town (Paspatur)
- Fethiye Museum (Fethiye Muzesi)
- Fethiye Lycian Stone Sarcophagi
- Gulf of Fethiye (Fethiye Körfezi)
- Fethiye Roman Theater (Telmessos Theatre)
- Calis Beach (Calis Plaji)
- Ölüdeniz Beach and Blue Lagoon
- Gemiler Island (Gemiler Adasi)
- Butterfly Valley (Kelebekler Vadisi)
- Saklikent National Park (Saklikent Milli Parki)
- Patara Beach (Patara Plaji)
- Fethiye Lycian Rock Tombs (Tomb of Amyntas)
- Dalyan Mud Bath