Nordre Toldbod Cruise Terminal
Many of Copenhagen’s top attractions are within walking distance of Nordre Toldbod. Shore excursion options include a walking tour of the city, a bike or Segway excursion, and a cruise on Copenhagen’s canals. Tours tend to cover the Little Mermaid Statue, the 18th-century Amalienborg Palace—where you can watch the Changing of the Guard ceremony—and the Nyhavn canal.
Downtown Copenhagen is home to highlights such as Tivoli Gardens, the Stroget shopping district, and Christiansborg Palace, all of which are covered by hop-on hop-off bus services.
Things to Know Before You Go
There are three cruise terminals in Copenhagen—Ocean Quay (Oceankaj), Nordre Toldbod, and Langelinie Pier (Langelinie Quay).
It’s possible to walk to Langelinie Pier from Nordre Toldbod, where you'll find the Copenhagen Tourist Information Center, ATMs, and currency exchange.
There’s no parking at Nordre Toldbod or Langelinie Pier.
Taxis are available from the cruise port.
How to Get to Copenhagen from Nordre Toldbod Cruise Terminal
Though many attractions are a short walk from Nordre Toldbod, bus 1A connects the port to Nørreport Station in downtown Copenhagen. Hop-on hop-off bus tours of Copenhagen stop right by the cruise port, while shore excursions with round-trip transportation often depart from the port too.
The official language in Copenhagen is Danish, but most locals speak at least some English. The currency is the krone, and credit cards are accepted throughout the city.
- Things to do in Rostock
- Things to do in Hamburg
- Things to do in Berlin
- Things to do in Potsdam
- Things to do in Gdansk
- Things to do in Poznan
- Things to do in Oslo
- Things to do in Kaliningrad
- Things to do in Leeuwarden
- Things to do in Stockholm
- Things to do in Amsterdam
- Things to do in Prague
- Things to do in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern
- Things to do in Northern Germany
- Things to do in North Holland
- Little Mermaid (Lille Havfrue)
- Amalienborg Palace
- Copenhagen Opera House (Operaen)
- David Collection (Davids Samling)
- Kunsthal Charlottenborg
- Langelinie Cruise Terminal
- Rosenborg Castle (Rosenborg Slot)
- Rosenborg Castle Gardens (Kongens Have)
- Christian's Harbor (Christianshavn)
- Freetown Christiania
- Round Tower (Rundetårn)
- Old Stock Exchange (Børsen)
- Ruins under Christiansborg Palace