Ocean Quay Cruise Port Tours
Read MoreShow Less
Copenhagen's Ocean Quay cruise port is a bustling travel hub. Over 300 ships arrive in Denmark’s capital every year—a city famous for its seamless urban design, 17th- and 18th-century architecture, and thriving bike culture. The port is a great starting point for cruises to the Baltics, St. Petersburg, Britain, and even Greenland.
After arriving at Ocean Quay cruise port, you can head off on a city sightseeing shore excursion to see highlights such as Tivoli Gardens, an iconic Danish amusement park; Christiansborg Palace, home to the Danish Parliament; and the changing of the guard at Amalienborg Palace, the Danish royal family residence since the late 18th century. You can also opt for a harbor cruise along the canals of the Christianshavn and Frederiksholm districts, passing by colorfully painted townhouses, bobbing houseboats, and the legendary Little Mermaid statue. For a more personalized experience, hop-on hop-off tours allow you to see Copenhagen on your own schedule.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Copenhagen has three cruise terminals: Langelinie Pier (Langelinje Quay), Nordre Toldbod, and Ocean Quay (Oceankaj). Ocean Quay, located in Copenhagen's North Harbor, handles the majority of cruise ship turnarounds.
- Langeline Pier offers a variety of nearby shops and cafés, as well as the Copenhagen Information Center, a currency exchange, and ATMs. At the information center you can buy the Copenhagen Card, which offers discounts or free entry to numerous sights and museums throughout the city.
- Long-term car parking is available at Ocean Quay for a fee, but there is no parking at Langelinie Pier or Nordre Toldbod.
How to Get to Copenhagen from the Cruise Port
From Ocean Quay, take bus 27 to Østerport Station. From there, you can get to the city center in 10 minutes by bus or S-train. Taxis are also available at all three piers.
The local language in Copenhagen is Danish, but most locals speak at least some English. The currency is the krone, and credit cards are accepted throughout the city.
0 Tours and Activities to Experience Ocean Quay Cruise Port
No results found!
Things to do near Copenhagen
- Things to do in Malmö
- Things to do in Rostock
- Things to do in Gothenburg
- Things to do in Hamburg
- Things to do in Berlin
- Things to do in Potsdam
- Things to do in Schonefeld
- Things to do in Bremen
- Things to do in Gdansk
- Things to do in Oslo
- Things to do in Stockholm
- Things to do in Amsterdam
- Things to do in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern
- Things to do in Northern Germany
- Things to do in Saxony